Wednesday 22 October 2014

Little Escapes

Hi!
When there is a bit too much "real" in real life, what's a girl to do? Why something frivolous and superficial of course! Time for a new look... I'm thinking sophisticated, classy and a little sexy with a slightly dark aesthetic. A tall order as I'm sure you'll agree when you see below :/
The current challenging issues in my life, particularly my Mum's rapidly declining health and the knowledge that there's nothing that can be done but to make her as comfortable as possible and be there for her, have taken their toll on the way I look and feel. I'm not really taking very good care of myself and although I'm showering and brushing my teeth and all those "necessary" things, that's about as far as it goes. I'm feeling blah and looking blah. Here are a couple of recent snaps to illustrate:
With my nephew Matt a few weeks back.
Last Saturday, yuck!

If I can turn it into a kind of project I can maybe stay on track. I'll journal the process. This is just something I need to do for myself, no other reason.

Another "just for me" thing is the Alternative Universe HSF Challenge. I'm pretty behind with this although I have drawn and cut out the pattern pieces. Hopefully I can meet the deadline.

I said I would give you a bit of background into the books that have inspired my piece for this challenge. To keep things really accurate I'm going to quote directly from www.crydee.com, the Raymond E Feist website. This is just a bit of an overview:

"The Empire Trilogy is a collaborative trilogy of political fantasy novels written by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts. It traces the story of Mara of the Acoma's rise to power from a convent novitiate to the most powerful woman in the fictional world of Kelewan. These three books are contemporary to Feist's original Riftwar Saga  and features some crossover characters, mainly from 1982's Magician (Pug, the protagonist of Magician, appears twice in 1990's Servant of the Empire and once in 1992's Mistress of the Empire). Mara struggles to rule her family after her father and brother are killed in a trap by the Minwanabi, one of the most powerful families in the Empire and longtime enemies of the Acoma. Mara quickly learns how to play the Game of the Council with skill and challenges the binding traditions of her world."

Anyway, just a final note on my "Massive Makeover/New Look Challenge" I have made just a few (tentative) relevant purchases:
I know it will take a lot more than a bit of skin care and a lippie, but it's a start. 
and:

Wish me luck!
Till next time,
Robyn x



No comments:

Post a Comment