Sunday 26 January 2014

Australia Day!

Another week bites the dust. I spent my Australia Day afternoon doing my radio show Rockin' On Heaven's Door on 103.9 (Mid North Coast NSW). The highlights were the two last songs I played - Whole Lotta Rosie from AC/DC. Hadn't heard that song for ages! And the last song The Ghost of Tom Joad from Bruce Springsteen's High Hopes album, featuring the amazing and awesome Tom Morello. Well that was 7 1/2 minutes of absolute bliss for my ears and brain!!!
Part of my tracklist. I do things old school, using CD rather than computer. After the show, my notes are not this neat. They are full of side notes and scrawls.

I've finished my first challenge in the Historical Sew Fortnightly (which was really their second challenge). I made a 1930s style bra which I've named my KISS bra (Keep It Simple Stupid). I'll post about it later in the week. I'm still trying to work out how to put the official button in my side bar. I'll spend some time tomorrow working out how to do that and then I'll be set. I also want to join Trystan's Costume Closet's Accessorize Head To Toe - again once I get the technical stuff worked out I can do that.
I started my next HSF project today. The challenge is Pink. I'm making three items for this one. The first, which is the one I've started on today, will be a hair flower in Shocking Pink, which I'm calling my Shockingly Elsa hair flower. I am also doing a 1930s top. I am waiting for some kimono silk to arrive for that (pink, of course), and the third one will be a 1920's inspired chemise top in fuschia, with pin tucks. I haven't worked out fancy names for these two yet, but give me time.

Sukielektro's Whisper Finishing Powder in Not-So-Shrinking-Violet is up on Etsy. I know Rhiannon is working on a new product but that's a secret until it's done of course! ;)

Musically, things are getting up and running for the new year. I'm singing two songs out of Elgar's Sea Pictures at the Glasshouse in Port Macquarie on 21st Feb, and I have a performance (both dancing and singing) with Rhythm Revue at Port Panthers in March. Other stuff will start rolling in. I needed a break but then became scared I wasn't gonna be able to get started again, but it's all cranking up nicely.

So that's it from me for now. I'm going to watch some DVDs tonight (Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries) - Love that Phryne!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment