Tuesday 21 January 2014

My Chosen Time Warp.

I am by nature a geek... and not one of the focused kind,  more of a "butterfly geek". I have lots of unrelated bits of information floating round in my head, on my computer, on bits of paper, and lots of partially completed projects and experiments...
This year my watchword is FOCUS. I have decided to restrict my research and "makings" and doings to a particular time period - 1920 - 1935 (give or take).
My most recent makeup product fits into the early 1930s. It's a violet face powder - a shade which was used in the early 1930s. There is a kabuki brush which goes with it. I know that is not authentic, but the powder puffs I made to go with the powder while cute are inferior to the brushes in application.

Sukielektro "Whisper" Translucent Finishing Powder.


I will also be taking part in this:
http://thedreamstress.com/the-historical-sew-fortnightly-2014/
When I work out how to add the button to my side bar (first I have to work out how to access my side bar) I will do so. I've already missed the deadline for the first challenge but I will catch up.

Now to start planning a cabaret show with music and costumes inspired by this era (1920 - 1935), then I will have (the most important of) my creative bases covered.
Busy, busy, busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment