Thursday 6 February 2014

Hols!!!

I'm travelling down  to Sydney tomorrow, about 6 hours on the train. I'm not sure how often I will get to look at the interwebs, so I might not post until I come back on the 14th Feb (only away for a week).
On Saturday and Sunday (8th & 9th) Rhiannon and I have a stall here:Sydney Rock 'n' Roll & Alternative Market
It's going to be lots of fun. We'll be there with our makeup brand Sukielektro. 
Here's a gratuitous photo of our newest product:
Whisper Translucent Finishing Powder in Not-So-Shrinking-Violet. If you're around on either day come and say hi. We're on the same floor as the bands, Yay!.
I've been pretty busy this week hand sewing. It's not what I was intending, but I was doing some pattern testing for Parnuuna at www.bemygoth.com. The pattern and instructions as usual were great. It's just the fabric that I had (thrifted and bought in a rush) proved such a pain to handle that hand sewing was the only way I had any control over it. It's taken me the whole week. Here's the appliques I made for it:
With the Historical Sew Fortnightly I've made a very small item for Challenge #3- Pink. It's my Shockingly Elsa Hair Flower. I'll post about it when I get back, but this is what it looks like. The colour doesn't come through very well here. It looks kind of fluro, but in real life it's a shocking pink of course:
The only sewing I'm taking away with me is some fingerless gloves which I've cut out. It's really only for the train that I need stuff to do. I'm also taking a murder mystery book from an author I haven't read yet - Carola Dunn. It is one of the Daisy Dalrymple Mysteries. Set in the 1920s, it sounds like she may be a Phryne Fisher type character. We shall see. I adore Phryne so Daisy has some big boots (or should I say some kind of very fashionable footwear) to fill.
Anyway, that's it for me for now, at least until I get back. What are you up to next week?
Till next time,
Robyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment