Saturday 17 May 2014

My Current DVD/TV Crushes

My three great DVD/TV crushes at the moment are Tony Hill, Sherlock Holmes and Phryne Fisher.

My Phryne Fisher crush is easy to explain - I want to BE her:
Found on Google Images. Isn't she lovely?! Phryne Fisher (played by Essie Davis)
She's intelligent, thinks on her feet, is a little eccentric, has the BEST wardrobe and a knack for getting involved in dangerous situations which she relishes. She is street savvy and can definitely look after herself. She is a true lady who counts among her good friends a couple of wharvies turned cabbies. For Phryne there are no class or cultural distinctions, Oh, and did I mention her wardrobe? ;) And to cap it all off she is also a bit naughty. Who wouldn't fall head over heels in love with Phryne?!

Regarding the two gents though, (Tony and Sherlock) I'm not quite sure what my crushes say about me psychologially :/ They are both heroes/antiheroes, and they are both highly intelligent, very eccentric, rather dysfunctional and socially inept, and I find them both utterly adorable and completely irresistable!!!
Tony Hill (played by Robson Green) - from Google Images
Sherlock Holmes (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) - found on Google Images)
See? And even these actors' real names are awesome.
If you haven't yet seen the series' that these characters inhabit , they are all available on DVD:
  • Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - (Phryne Fisher - 2 series so far)
  • Wire In The Blood - (Tony Hill - 6 series - I haven't seen the 6th one yet)
  • Sherlock - (Sherlock Holmes - 3 series so far) 

If you watch them I'll bet you'll fall in love with these characters too!

Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment