Friday 2 May 2014

Weighed, Measured...You Know The Rest

Yes, it's get out the violins time... Well really it's total makeover time. When I say total makeover I mean ALL of me, not just the physical - although that's as good a place as any to start. I have officially hit "the BIG time" weight wise. I weighed in this morning at 80.2 kgs. I'm not even going to tell you what I discovered when I checked my measurements (blush with shame). Considering my cholesterol is crazy high and I'm still having testing to see why I keep getting chest pains, my weight needs to come down. Not to mention the fact that if I expand much more I will once again have to fork out for new clothes.
Here is a selfie I took this morning to remind myself of my starting point, not weight-wise, just physically in general:
Looking a bit ragged wouldn't you say?
As a way to track my progress (or lack of), I'm going to take a Saturday Selfie for the next little while.

I've also been having a bit of trouble creatively. I'm just not feeling it regarding singing and haven't really been practicing which is very unusual for me. I usually spend a few hours a day on practice. From tomorrow I'm going to set a timeframe and just practice for that time, even if it's only half an hour, and even if I'm "not feeling it".
Making things has become a problem too. Nothing is working out. I've been starting things, then having to unpick and unpull because I'm making the most ridiculous mistakes. So, to make sure I keep creating without too much stress on whether things will turn out, I'm starting a really basic crochet blanket. I'm just going to do squares in double crochet, and the end result will be something useful. Surely I can't go too wrong there?
Another thing is reading. I always have some book or another on the go, but right now I can't settle. I keep starting and stopping, try another, same thing again. Well today I have chosen a book "Water For Elephants". I'm going to read at least 1 Chapter per day and finish it.

I'm a little behind on my makeup course assignments. This week I'm going to submit the "Night Glamour" Q&A and practical. And get a start on the next module. AND I'm going to get my notes organised. This morning I ordered a "practice head" for makeup. It will be great for when I don't have any real, live models around and also when developing new products for Sukielektro.

Well, I guess that's it for now. 
Take care.
Till next time,
Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment